The explanation is a useful feature from Google Ads that allows you to quickly find errors and make optimization decisions.
If you notice a large fluctuation in the performance of a search campaign or ad group, review the explanation to quickly determine the cause.
Explanations are currently in beta testing mode:
- they are only available in search campaigns with a manual bid strategy or with an optimized cost-per-click strategy;
- comments appear only for impressions, clicks and costs;
- explanations appear when a certain percentage of changes is reached.
What the explanation says:
- the effect of the change in the rate on the place and frequency of impressions;
- the influence of the modifier on effectiveness depending on the type of devices, location, demographic features, audience;
- dependence of clicks and impressions on the budget and its distribution;
- speed of budget depletion depending on the average price per click;
- impact of keywords and their statuses, audience change on effectiveness.
Advantages of using explanations:
- Saving time. In a few clicks, you will learn about the performance of your account and the reason for its change.
- Quick analysis. There is no need to use comparative reports or other means. Choose two date ranges and get an automatic explanation of performance changes.
- Precision. Get a detailed and comprehensive overview that will allow you to identify the reasons for changes in the performance of a campaign or ad group.