Crowd marketing is a method of promotion that involves a set of measures aimed at increasing product sales based on the recommendations arising from the advertising of a site or brand on the Internet.
Why do you need crowd marketing
Crowd marketing (called guerrilla marketing) includes brief veiled recommendations about helpful resources that are commercial, «respected users» — experts.
One of the main goals of crowd marketing is to manage the recommendations and feedback from network users to lead to increased sales. In addition, crowd marketing can affect the brand image and increase site traffic and its position in search results.
How does crowd marketing work
Using a typical «bombardment» through the media and posting brand information on Facebook and Instagram may not always help you achieve the desired result. The main difference between crowd marketing and traditional SEO, SMM, and PR is that information must be transmitted and posted softly. In general, experts target the recommendation for those users who want to buy a particular product. They need just a little push to buy, and the best way to do that is to give them an expert opinion and a link to the site and show the product in all its glory.
Goals and objectives of crowd marketing:
- Bringing a brand, company, and product to the TOP queries in search engines.
- Target lead generation (lead is a potential customer).
- Attracting a new audience and getting feedback from it.
- Communication with potential customers.
- Formation of a positive image.
- Increasing the mass of company profile links using crowd marketing as SEO promotion of the site.
Crowd marketing procedure:
1 A brand that seeks to increase sales of a particular product registers several accounts on social networks and competent sites associated with the segment.
2 The company uses accounts to work as an expert, giving users practical and helpful tips on platforms (forums, blogs, feedback sites). At the same time, the expert advertises the product covertly, leaving a link in the comment or mentioning the product or service, slightly pushing the buyer to the selection process or the need to study the issue in more detail. The company publishes recommendations on the site from which it will make sales directly.
Crowd marketing strategies:
Formation of a mass of profile links
Staying ahead of the competitors
About crowd links
Marketers need links to meet search engine requirements. Crowd marketing is a safe way to get natural links and make your brand recognizable.
Where to post crowd links:
- on social networks;
- on news portals;
- in online magazines;
- in question-and-answer services;;
- in blogs.
Crowd marketing is suitable for:
- internet marketers;
- SERM specialists;
- PR managers;
- online stores;
- advertising and real estate agencies.
Who should not use crowd marketing and why
- Regional projects. Postcards or a page on a social network will be suitable for promoting a cafe in a small town.
- B2B companies. For companies that sell specialized, expensive, or premium products. It is pointless to order crowd marketing for a metallurgical machine. In this case, the client in his choice will consider not the comments but the characteristics and benefits.
- To advertise rarely used services: shoe repair, key making, tow trucks, etc.
What to expect from crowd marketing
One of the main conditions for success is a well-thought-out strategy and a comprehensive approach. Therefore, it is best to order crowd marketing services from specialists. The main condition for obtaining results is time. A full-fledged campaign and a good result will take about 3-4 months. What matters is the number of crowd links and comments per month. If competitors in your niche fill the forums with hundreds of posts, a few comments will not affect the situation.